Living away from my family at times is hard, especially during the holidays. I am grateful that I still get to celebrate thanksgiving with good friends and good food. We do have a little community of American expats. So, I went to my friend Jaci’s house who I work with at the school. It was the people I work with at the school and Nadia’s and Jaci’s husband.
Thanksgiving is a holiday to remind people to be grateful. I try my best to be grateful every day, but there are times that I forget. This year has been a crazy exciting year.
I am grateful for:
- Graduating from La Sorbonne
- My God daughter Arya being born
- My best friend Michaela always being there for me
- Moving back to Haiti
- Working my first job as a teacher
- Meeting amazing people in Haiti and having a real community